Rejoice the Grandmother and granddaughter’s bond of love, promise and protection with CBeebies this New Year!
Rejoice the Grandmother and granddaughter’s bond of love, promise
and protection with CBeebies this New Year!
Tuesday, January 2021: CBeebies is cherishing the unique bond between children and their grandparents with the new season of animated series JoJo and Gran Gran. The favourite grandmother-and-granddaughter duo return for yet another set of brightly-coloured everyday escapades in JoJo and Gran Gran Set 2,, which premieres on Monday, 18 January 2021. The series, based on the books by Laura Henry-Allain, tells the story of a four-year-old girl and her fun, wise grandmother who cares for her while her parents are working.
The cartoon explores the passing of time, with topics such as life cycles, the changing seasons, growth or the sequencing involved in activities such as baking a cake or catching a bus. Even a trip to the hairdressers turns into a grand journey when Gran Gran’s around, and she always has a ready story to tell reflecting kids’ lives and inspiring real world discovery and play.
JoJo and Gran Gran Set 2 premieres on Monday, 18 January 2021, 4:05pm on CBeebies.
Catch CBeebies on the following channels: Tata Sky-DTH (Channel 687), Sun Direct-DTH (Channel 538), IMCL Cable & Hits: Channel 439 (Cable) and Channel 918 (Hits), Fastway Cable (Channel 390), SITI Networks Hyderabad (Channel 454), Aadhar Digital Vision (Channel 278), Akshaya Diginet Cable Vision (Channel 304), Kal Cable (Channel 510), UCN Network Cable (Channel 194)
JoJo and Gran Gran Set 2
Animation | Episodes: 11 x 11’
A delightful and heartwarming animated series celebrating the special relationship between an inquisitive girl and her fun and active Grandmother.
Join JoJo and Gran Gran in their bustling London neighbourhood as they find joy in the everyday – from baking a cake to catching the bus and visiting the hairdressers for the first time. JoJo adores spending time with her energetic Gran Gran, who is always ready with a ‘Gran Gran Plan’ when JoJo comes to visit. This is a series about love, family and community. In each episode, there’s a short live action segment featuring real children taking part in a practical activity that mirrors the animated story.
Fun Facts with JoJo and Gran Gran:
- Set 2 features expeditions to the carnival, the library, learning to ride a bike, sleepovers and the hunt for a dinosaur – teaching kids how to navigate these elements of everyday life, while infusing them with a sense of wonder and storytelling.
- Gran Gran hails from the sunny Eastern Caribbean island-country of St Lucia, and now lives in the same bustling London neighbourhood as JoJo and her parents.
- Each richly-animated episode focuses on themes such as the passing of time – life cycles, weather seasons, growing up, and the steps to bake a cake – and family traditions from St Lucian culture. Also featured is a live-action segment with children audiences at the end, to help talk through the learning takeaways from the show.
- The show represents vibrant family life and the importance of strong multigenerational communities that interact with each other. Young children can learn more about St Lucian heritage, but also be inspired to explore their own family cultures through tales and games with their grandparents!
- JoJo and Gran Gran is adapted from Laura Henry-Allain’s picture books of the same name, written based on her own vibrant relationship with her grandmother. She is vice-president of the British Association for Early Childhood Education and consults with schools, governments and companies on childcare and preschool education.
Laura Henry-Allain says of the show: “I wanted to convey the deep connection between the two, the excitement at the world around her that JoJo has and Gran Gran’s wisdom, experience and zest for life”.