Mohamed Ali extends FC Goa stay

 Mohamed Ali extends FC Goa stay


September, 2020: FC Goa announced that the club has retained the services of Mohamed Ali after the Goan defender put pen to paper on a new two-year deal.

Picked in the 10th round of the 2017 ISL Player Draft, the 28-year-old burst on to the scene in the 2017/18 season. Over the 3 seasons with the Gaurs, the man hailing from Caranzalem, Goa made 24 appearances in FC Goa colours, helping the team reach the playoffs in each of the seasons.

Speaking  after completing his extension, Ali said, “The last 3 years have been an amazing journey. FC Goa is more than just a club for me. It’s a family. It’s a way of living, representing the very essence of Goa and the way we want to play football. We are on the way up and the next season is going to be another big challenge. We will be fighting not only for the ISL crown, but also in the AFC Champions League - representing India.

“As a player, I feel that there is a lot of room for improvement from my end. I had no doubt that this was the option for me going forward. This new contract shows the kind of faith the club has on its players and I want to repay that. The challenge for me will be to win a regular starting place in the side and I am very much up for that. I really can’t wait for the new season to begin,” he added.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indegene acquires Trilogy Writing & Consulting GmbH, a medical writing consultancy

TiEcon Mumbai 2023, brilliantly showcased revolutionary ideas & impactful solutions to build an Anti-Fragile and Sustainable India

REC DECLARES ITS FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR Q2 & H1 FY24